We are glad you are considering Boy Scout Troop 355 of Newton, Massachusetts.
This Troop 355 public website was designed to acquaint you with our troop.
For child safety and privacy reasons, Troop members do not use this open-site.
- We are the largest troop in Newton with over three dozen scouts and twenty registered adult leaders.
- We meet every Tuesday at 7:30pm during the school year from the Tuesday after Labor Day to late June at Our Lady's Help of Christians Parish, 573 Washington Street, Newton.
- We hold an outdoor weekend adventure every month. Last year, we cycled on Cape Cod, hiked in NH, canoed on the Charles River, skiied at Bretton Woods, and camped at Miles Standish Forest.
- We camp the first week of August at Yawgoog Reservation in RI, one of the top Boy Scout camps in the world.
- Our past few summer trips included extended trips to Gettysburg/Hershey, Niagara Falls, and Disney World.
- Our Venture Crew for older scouts also backpacked at New Mexico's Philmont Ranch, the Boy Scouts of America's High Adventure Camp.
- We have a fundraiser each fall. In the last two years, 100% of the scouts earned ALL their dues, and 30% earned enough to pay for summer camp.
- Troop 355 is part of the Post Road District of the Mayflower Council of the Boy Scouts of America.
- Troop 355 is chartered by Our Lady Help of Christians. Our Lady's also charters Cub Scout Pack 355 for boys and girls in grades 1 - 5, and Venture Crew 355 a coed program for youth ages 14-20.
- Although chartered by the Catholic Church, boys do not need to be Catholic to join Troop 355. Indeed, the current membership represents over ten different faith communities.
- Karl Kaltenbach has been Troop 355's Scoutmaster for over 15 years. He is an Eagle Scout, father of two Eagle Scouts, and parishioner at Our Lady's.
If you would like more information, we welcome you and your son to visit us at a Tuesday meeting. Your son will be paired with a scout buddy and will participate in the troop activities, while you have a chance to meet the leaders and other parents. If it is a good-fit, you can register on the spot.
For more information, contact Scoutmaster Karl Kaltenbach at email@example.com, or Recruiting Chair, Pat McCarthy at NewtonBoyScouts@me.com or 617-922-3970.